Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Day In The Freelancer Life

As you may know, I left my j-o-b in April and have been making a go at being a freelance writer, proofreader, and virtual assistant.

My day starts out, when I wake up, by checking all my e-mail accounts, looking for new projects on RAC, W4H, Deb Ng's Freelance Writer Blog, and RatRaceRebellion, updating the spreadsheet I keep with all my projects on it, and reading a couple blogs and websites.

After doing all that I mosey on over to the freebie sites for WalMart, and a couple others I visit each day. If there is anything interesting I order it. Nothing like the price of FREE!

Then I go over to Fairy Tale Treasures an fill out some offers. It's a GREAT way to make some extra cash for free. I use my "spam" e-mail address and a local phone number I got from www.privatephone.com so that I don't get spammed to death and harassed by phone. Works GREAT and it's earning me FREE MONEY. My hope is to cash out $100 by the end of the month. And, I am well on my way. Check them out here -



From there my work day begins. If I have writing projects then I work on those, if all else fails then I work on proofing. Today I had planned on proofing as I only have one writing project pending. Then I read my e-mail this morning and found $800 worth of new projects I have to do! What a difference a day makes!

Willie, the kids, and I spent yesterday at a local lake. This summer Wed has turned into "lake" day. It's so nice to get out and enjoy the area and the added frugal bonus is the free alpine lake trout for dinner - mmmmmmmmmm....

What are you up to? Post me a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home