Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Freelance Writing and My Day Job

The time has come for me to settle down and decide what to do about my freelance career. In a quest to do this as painfree as possible I have joined the Fast Track Community of Dreamers and Doers. The goal of Fast Track is to have 200 people such as myself who want to bag the day job and get a real life join together with some amazing professonals to coach us along the way. Fast Track is an offshoot of Changing Course. www.changingcourse.com

Today I did something I am happy about. I turned down a blogger position with families.com because it wasn't going to pay me very well and I want to earn more money with my writing than what they offered.

I am still working on RAC projects and building up clients in other ways and will keep to the projects which pay better. One decision down! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Donna, and happy liberation from Pat and company! She was one very heavy-handed "editor," and I'm glad she's gone. You have such writing talent...I wish you the very best of luck with it! You're so genuinely, and personally, knowledgeable about frugality in its every aspect.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you become a paid "blogger"? I'm not working right now, staying at home with our baby. I'd love to find a job I can do from home. And I'm always posting on message boards, etc. I could be a "blogger"!?!?

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is nice blog. Best of luck with your decision in focusing on freelancing and dropping your day Job. That's freedom.

Also in your freelance career remember to treat people the way you love to be treated. Open and honest communication will take you to higher altitude.

Again I wish you sincere best of luck.

-S
(Your supposed RAC client that u are to write ebook on Language acquisition) Thanks

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home