Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rich Dad, Poor Dad?

I read and enjoyed the book with that name, by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon L. Lechter, a couple years ago. I found it especially interesting because I have a family situation where I have one frugal-good-with-money parent and one that isn't. It's been interesting, and sometimes frustrating, being in the middle of the dichotomy.

Getting married, having children, and starting our own lives we leaned more toward the Poor Dad half. We used credit. We had a lot of debt. We did many things, and purchased many things that we couldn't afford.

I've always admired the successes of the Rich Dad half of my family and decided to learn about frugal living and see if I couldn't figure that out. It started long ago with reading "The Tightwad Gazette" and progressed from there.


Subscribe to my newsletter, The Frugal Place, and get a monthly dose of the frugal life and learn how to find that new American Dream - the one you can afford! Subscription is $12 for 8 issues a year. Money back guarantee! Paypal: thefrugalplace@yahoo.com or send check/money order to me at: Donna Hentsch, The Frugal Place, 16345 Gilman Road, Montague CA 96064.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

It is amazing when you start reading the frugal blogs how many people say that they really started becoming frugal after reading the tightwad gazette. That was the case with me as well.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home