Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Multiple Income Streams

I often wonder what other people do for income. One job, many jobs, no job but a business, born rich? Don't we all wish...! :)

I am a big believer in multiple income streams. The idea being that you have income from various places. Sometimes one venture may be making more money than others, and in the lean times another stream is there to make up some of the difference. For us a good example is eggs - good in the spring, not so good in the dead of winter. However, during winter is the holiday season which is great for eBay sales and other holiday ventures!

Our income comes from: My job, Willie's disability pay, eBay, eggs, my Usborne Children's Book Biz, MyPoints, forum boosting and all the online surveys and other things I find to do to make a few extra dollars.

This year's Christmas will be funded almost completely with surveys and MyPoints! How entirely cool is that?

I am saving up the egg money to make an extra house payment. Might take me a year or two but I love that idea... At $2 a dozen it's a lot of eggs.... :)

Willie's SSDI is pretty secure. It isn't going anywhere at least any time soon.

My day job is pretty secure though I wish I didn't have to leave home to do it!

EBay, when I work at it, does well. (Just getting that going again for the holidays. Here's a link if you wanna look:
http://search.ebay.com/_
W0QQsassZmountainshadowcreationsQQhtZ-1 )

My Usborne book biz is able to do Toys for Tots and I am contemplating whether or not to do this again. Last year I managed to raise about $500 in books for local kids. That was LOT of fun. Otherwise I let me website hang out there in cyberspace and get an occasional order. Here's the link if you wanna look - www.mtshastausborne.com

I have always heard about MyPoints and pretty much ignored it. I am SO sorry I did! They have some great deals and I have earned $50 in gift-cards for WalMart in just the last few months. I shop a lot at places like Overstock for gifts and it's great to be able to get some of that back. (If anyone wants a referal for MyPoints or anything else please e-mail me at thefrugalplace@yahoo.com. )

Online surveys can also be a great source of pocket-change. I managed to do $100 worth in a single week once, and no it wasn't that much time out of my week either! I do them when I have time and try to stick to the ones that are not "offering" me to subscribe to other things along the way.

Right now I have $120 in survey checks sitting in the "Christmas" envalope! If you have ever wanted to do surveys I found a GREAT site the other day. It's FREE and has 600 companies listed!!!! I have no connection to them but highly recomend it to everyone. They are at:
http://www.survey-platinum.com/db1.php

Something tells me that it will be a while before I am able to subscribe to all of them....... :)

Anyway, just wanted to make a couple suggestions. Post me a comment and let me know what you do for your "streams".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w/the multiple streams. I teach, but also teach at a college sometimes at night. I get other paid gigs (not a lot of$$ but some) for taking on other duties at school. I also do My Points and put all my gas on Discover (PIF each month) to earn rewards cash. I won't have to spend but perhaps $25 on holiday items this year. :)

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!

Sommtimes my hubbie thinks I am crazy because I have so much going on. I wouldn't have it any other way!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home