Friday, May 12, 2006

Honey, I'm Home!

Anyone ever watch that 1990's show "Dinosaurs" where the dad dino comes in the door and says "Honey, I'm home?" That's been our family saying since watching that show because at the time both hubby and I had red flannel shirts that matched the dino's! :)

I have been away for a while from blog-land. Thank you to all of you who have stuck around... I'm deffinately trying to blog more now that life has settled down a bit!

As I posted before, hubby was in the hospital and is now in renal failure. For him this means a trip 170 miles roundtrip three days a week to the nearest dialysis center. It sucks because it's a long drive, it's tiring, it's boring, it's expensive, etc... but it's definitely helping Willie to feel much better. It's nice to see him working in the yard and playing with the pigeons again! The gas price is killing us (It's now $3.49 a gallon here for 87 octane!) but he feels better so it's worth it. At some point we need a small car or something though for the commute. If/When gas hits $4 or more a gallon that's going to quickly become our biggest monthly expense after eating! :)

The last three months or so have been killer on our budget. We first bought a new dishwasher, range and washing machine. That was fine, planned, and saves us a ton of water. The old range was gross and dying so that was also fine and planned.

Then it was hospital and out of area stay for me. Since then it's just been gas, the special (BORING!) dialysis diet, and the fact that it's May and almost the end of the school year. (Both at work and for our own kids.) This seems like a more expensive time of year in our lives than the holiday season. Amazing...

Right now I am working on re-doing our family budget to include our new expenses. It's a challenge, that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks for visiting. How's your month going?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Glad to see you back. I've been checking every few days :)

5:19 AM  
Blogger The Frugal Place said...

Thanks Jenn. I have also been reading your blog. :)

It's hard to keep up with everything but I am committed to trying to have a go at freelance writing so I need to write more and more and more.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home