Tuesday, November 21, 2006

GPS Receiver?

Recently I was looking online for a new Bluetooth GPS receiver. I purchased the Holux GPSlim240 from a company called Practical Solutions. Practical Solutions sells all kinds of GPS, mapping, mobile navigation and other high-tech solutions at a really competitive price. They sell solutions for both personal and professional use. Practical Solutions has great customer service and even offers free shipping on international orders.

The Holux GPSlim240 I ordered is a fully integrated GPS receiver and uses Bluetooth technology to easily transmit to a PDA or a Bluetooth enabled notebook. If you do not have a PDA or Bluetooth enabled laptop you can also use a traditional wired connection with it.

The Holux GPSlim240 comes with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery and uses a third-generation chipset designed by SiRF. This insures longer battery life because it uses much less power than a traditional GPS receiver. Also included from Practical Solutions is a car charger so that you are able to charge the receiver on the go if you need to. We all know there is nothing worse than getting to your destination and remembering you forgot to charge the battery. Now you can easily do it in the car!


The Holux GPSlim240 also comes with an GPS antenna and is able to track twenty satellites at a time. All you need to do is point the antenna to the sky and it will do the rest for you. The Holux GPSlim240 acquires and reacquires satellite signals every tenth of a second and updates the position data once each second.

The Holux GPSlim240 is designed to meet all of your GPS needs such as car navigation, mapping, surveying, and a myriad of agricultural and environmental applications.

I have found the most comfortable way to wear my new Holux GPSlim240 is across my chest. This allows me to use it and saves my hands for other tasks.

I have been very happy with both my new Holux GPSlim240 and with Practical Solutions where I purchased it from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home