Wednesday, December 27, 2006

How Did This Happen?

I am still wondering how I managed to get myself into this mess.

It started with a desire to write. Long, long ago I wanted to be a writer, but never managed to write much. Then came Associated Content. Their website (Link on the sidebar of this blog...) pays you to write about just about anything non-fiction. I thought that sounded too good to be true and one day while I was bored I whipped up a few articles. They paid me for them! Much to my surprise...

So, I started posting on the WAHM message board about how cool writing was and how I wanted to do more of it and get into freelance writing. A kind soul, pointed me to a site where I could get freelance jobs, and it has totally taken off from there.

So, my mess you ask? I have a week off from my "day job" and find myself with 30 more content articles to write, a 20,000 word eBook and now 15 more content articles for a new wiki site. All three of these contracts have long-term, (full-time job) type potential and I want to make them all love my work. However, there are only so many hours in the day.

I came down with this miserable cold on Christmas day and the cold medicine makes me less than creative. And, the watering eyes don't help much either... :)

Well, I should get back to writing. I think I need to make some goals and a calendar and then make sure I stick like glue to it to make sure I get everything done on time. It's doable. But I need to concentrate my ADD brain and write, write and more write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home